Thursday, October 26, 2006

Still standing

So we are still standing. What I mean is that we're staying where we believe God wants us to be. We believe that He wants us to be in Frisco and so we're waiting. It doesn't mean that I'm not pursuing anything else, I am. However, this is what we continue to pray for. On an encouraging note, I emailed the pastor's a website I created for a fake youth group. I was hoping that they would be able to see a creative, organized, and hard working side of me. i received very prompt replies to the email I sent to them which had the link. If you would like to see it, go to www.livepraylove.com/chrishogue.

Andrea got to meet Joe Paterno a couple of weeks ago. For any footbal fan I think it would be exciting; the guy's been the head coach at Penn State since 1966 (not to mention a few national titles). Her company sponsored a luncheon in which Joe was speaking. Because of that, she also got a picture taken with him which will be autographed.

She and her co-workers arrived late because they had been told the wrong time. Everyone else had been waiting for 45 minutes when they got there so they rushed them on stage to take the picture. Joe told them to hurry up because everyone was waiting and my wife responded, "We're not late, everyone else is just REALLY early!" Joe laughed and poked her in the shoulder. She got a huge kick out of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris,
The website mock-up looks amazing! Way to go! I am thinking of you guys...hopefully you'll hear back from Frisco soon! Love to your family!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Hey. We (j-Dawg and I) think that the website is a great idea. We continue to pray for you and your family and are eagerly awaiting news of God's provision.

Erin and Jason Davis

Anonymous said...

Everyday I log on hoping to read some good news...keep on keepin' on, y'all!
Love,
Sarah