I am posting a message. Wahoo!!! (this is Dree)
I know that so many of you check on us regularly via this blogspot. I want to say that makes me feel very loved. I am certainly blessed and grateful for all the prayers and hopes you all hold for us!
I wanted to chime in this time to let you know my heart about my dear hubby. Tonight we asked our dear friends Janet and Andy to pray with us as we were feeling weary from the race. As Chris put it "When you have done all you can do to stand, stand some more and right now we just want to sit down!"
Janet & Andy encouraged our hearts. They were God's mouthpiece to us tonight.
The daily grind of this "place" is hard. We are tired. However, what I really want you to know is how God is at work growing and maturing Chris. It has been delightful to watch and thought y'all would be intersted to know too. You know I am his #1 fan. (Dianne would probably argue with that, but I'm standing my ground...)
The first thing is Chris' great eternal perspective on our lives. He knows and reminds me often that God has his purpose for his glory. This waiting is part of his glory too. It's hard for me to imagine as I drag myself to work everyday, but he's right. God is at work with eternity in sight and so we should be too.
The second is that God has birthed this heart in Chris for the students we will be ministering to wherever we land. He prays for them and already loves them. I liken it to waiting to have a baby and longing to just see his/her face. Praying for them. Preparing for them. It's cool. (Of course Chris doesn't so much relate to the being pregnant part but there are plenty of mothers reading this that will know exactly what I mean)
The third is the deep walk Chris has with God that deepens everyday. He eats up God's Word and just as God promises there is hope and peace in His Word. It inspires me so let it inspire you. If you haven't dug into God's Word lately then dig in my friend. Let it ring truth in your brain and transform you.
Chris and I have been doing a Beth Moore Bible Study together (I know you might not think that the manly thing to do, but really it's great). It is called Believing God. Chris has been waiting 5 days for me to catch up with him. That's exciting to me. Not many women can brag about their husband's effort at their Beth Moore Bible Study!
Keep praying. We are still on hold. I started working full time today so pray that I can soak up my time with the girls in the morning and evening. I deeply miss being with them. Pray that Chris and I can communicate well in our new roles and that we would not allow the everyday stress to wedge between us.
God is faithful. Oh man is he faithful! What a relief that it's not up to us!
I pray grace and peace to you all!
Dree
PS - Chris has no idea that I am posting this. I know he won't be happy about me cheering for him but if we all gang up on him, we can take him...
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You go girl!!!! Don't stop cheering him on and don't give up. I know your answer is right around the corner!!!
I love you!!!
Steph
Post a Comment