Well, I thought I had posted something last week but apparently it didn't make the arduous journey through cyberspace. We have had some good things happening lately.
I have spent the past few weeks at home trying to make contact with every church I can find that is in need of a student pastor. I have been able to speak with several pastors or search committee heads. Over the past weekend I spoke with churches in Jacksonville, FL and Wichita Falls, TX. The conversations went well but it is all trying my patience. I'm sure you all know how hard it can be to sit around and wait for churches to meet and call, and meet, and call, and so on, and so on.
It's all good, though. Andrea and I are continuing to hope in God, not in any situation. Over the past weeks it's been nice to stand on the Rock of His Word. In knowing that He is taking care of us and we're just to do what He has taught us to do and what He leads us to do.
Andrea is getting used to her job. She feels like she is able to help people more so that makes it more satisfying. A few people have asked the boss to keep her at all costs.
The big prayer request right now is that I would be pursued by a couple of churches who are meeting tomorrow. Please pray that I would have favor with them and that I would be on their minds as they pray about the opening at their church.
The position that keeps coming up in my mind is one in Frisco, TX. It is the one that I want so I want to bring it before God as much as possible, knowing that He is sovereign and might have something better planned. There are several reasons I like it; it's closer to home, there are some good friends already there, it's close to Southwestern Theological Seminary, and the biggest is that I like the pastor there. I enjoyed speaking with him very much and he seems to be the type of person that I want teaching me how to be a minister.
Please pray for that position in particular. It seems like a great place to be, but the greatest place to be is where God is. It's such a peaceful feeling knowing that He is in control. Grace and peace to you all.
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment