Sunday, June 04, 2006

Thanks PVCC

Dree and I wanted to say thanks to everyone at PVCC. Today was very special and it feels good to know that so many people care. We're in a strange place right as we don't know what we'll be doing or where we'll be doing it but we're content to be searching since it's what God told us to do.

About a month ago Dree and I watched "Elizabethtown" which was a decent enough show(glad I didn't pay $7.50 per person for it though). A big part of the story was the old storyline of fate versus choice. Those ideas have been around for thousands of years. It's always an either/or type of thing but something dawned on me while I was watching that movie. A life led by God is neither, it's Spirit-led. We obey, He determines our steps.

I love that life is neither up to me nor controlled by some faceless unknown force that gets referred to as circumstance. God is fiercely personal and takes great care with our lives as well as everyone else. All I have to do is obey Him as He has told me to. It's truly freeing. This yoke is easy!

Grace and peace to you all,

Chris & Dree

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't express how amazing it was to see you guys last week! I had such a terrific time and y'all are part of the reason why. Ashton and Noelle are terrific--great dancing partners, too! It was awesome to see the four of you after so much time had passed and I was so happy to get to have lunch together on Sunday! Love, Sarah