Monday, May 29, 2006

First shot



Hey there,

This is our first shot at this but we thought it was a great way to share with everyone since we are so far away for so many of you. And chances are that we will be far away from many more in the near future.Just in case there are peeps (that's blogtalk for people (and this is me trying to be funny)) out there that aren't aware of what we are doing right now, I'll start from the beginning.

Dree and I have decided to pursue a job in full-time ministry. We're not sure how that will end up. I am not returning to my teaching job at Nittany Christian. Andrea has already phased out of her job at Pure Freedom and will do the same with her job at the church when the time comes.It's hard to say what we'll do. We know that we have a heart to disciple and see people grow in Christ. That could translate into about anything in my mind; youth, college, young adults, or small group ministry. There are openings that we know of in Colorado and Missouri but there hasn't been any solid movement yet. The great thing is that we have seen that God has been faithful to us in everything he has called us to do in our lives. We know that He will be faithful to open up the right position for us.

We'll be heading to Arkansas and Oklahoma in June to visit family and go to Dree's 10 year reunion, boy is she getting old. Don't feel sorry for her even for a second. I don't know of anyone that likes to give people a harder time about their age than she. I'm thinking about making commemorative t-shirts for the event.

For those of you who know us best, we are announcing the onset of the Christmas season at the Hogue household. As I type, I am listening to Christmas music. Just so you know we're not crazy, we only started this past week. Aren't you proud of us!

We'll keep you up to date on the when, where, how, and whodunit of the job search. Grace and peace to you all.


Chris & Dree

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!
It's nice to catch up via the blog. I have one on here too (pathtoegress.blogspot.com), but it is mostly me musing and not really any content...
I miss you!
Love,
Sarah K (soon to be B)

Anonymous said...

Blasted bloggers!!! Did you send your resume and letter yet to Life Center? We know you are being called to Spokane!! We'll be praying for you.

Jim and Melissa

Anonymous said...

It's good to see another blogger...I am not one, nor is kristen, but we have several peeps (dree) that do blog. I hope the search for future employment goes well. Peace out!