Today is one of those days you work out your relationship with God and what He wants step by step, word by word, and prayer to prayer. Andrea and I are prayerfully considering all of this right now so be praying that God would give us wisdom (as He does liberally) and clarity. That He would make His will for our lives known clearly to us.
I had the teleconference this morning with Grace Church in Little Rock, AR. I spoke with four of their elders along with the lead pastor. They were a great group to talk with and it was great to hear their heart for their students. It felt like a place that Andrea and I could fit into well. From here they want to talk together and make a decision about whether or not they would like all of us to fly out for an extended weekend. They would like to have someone in place by the middle of the summer so it sounds as though they would like to fill the position as soon as they can.
That happened early this morning. Last night I received a message on the machine from Bellevue Alliance. I returned their call this morning after speaking with Grace. They have formally offered me an invitation to candidate to be the Associate Pastor of Youth and Discipleship. Basically, the girls and I will go back and meet everyone involved with the church, especially the youth group. The official decision would be made then. In essence, the position is there for us to accept.
Andrea and I want to choose the place we minister according to what God wants for us and nothing else. There is a lot for us to wade through now. We want to do what God wants us to in a manner that respects both the churches, we can already tell that there are precious people at both.
While I was praying with Dree last night I was reminded that God holds us in the palm of his Hand. I told her that I believe that the Hand is moving us to a different place, although I didn't know where it was. But, I know what is on the hand, Isaiah 49:15a says, "See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hand." It's amazing that God has Andrea and I engraved on the Palms of His Hands, that He will always remember us. I just want to concentrate on the fact that He has saved me and will always be faithful to me and my family, even if I am not. I know that wherever His Hand places us, He will continue to lead us and bless us by that same hand. God is good.
Right now I am trying to get in touch with Grace Church to determine a few things. I have already spoken with Bellevue Alliance. They were very gracious and understanding and did not feel as though I was trying to manipulate the situation which I wanted desperately. We'll let you know the details as they come.
Chris
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment