Friday, January 05, 2007

The New Year



Thanks for sticking with me. Andrea and I have received numerous encouragements over the past couple of weeks. There's nothing like a great community of believers gathered around you to help you stand. It reminds me of Aaron and Hur holding Moses' hands in the air when he got tired.

We had a wonderful holiday with my parents and Dree's mom got to come in for a few days over New Year's as well. We were glad that we just enjoyed them instead of trying to figure out where we are going. We're now a few days into that process and it's not fun, but we still feel God's presence and His hope in our lives.

I wanted to share in this entry a little of how that came about. Andrea began talking on the 2nd, which was our first "post-holiday" night together. We intended to pray and then tlak but somehow we started talking and then kept talking, which was a big mistake. About an hour later we were both crying and getting nowhere. We finally had the brains to stop ourselves and just pray.

All of the difficulty was hinging around me. The short of it is that I was mad at God for the situation we are in. I didn't want to be, but deep inside I was. I didn't want to admit it to myself but I finally confessed it. I told God how I felt about him and the trials we are facing and then I asked for forgiveness for those feelings. I just needed to say my sin and say that I needed His help with it. It was an exhausting evening together but we woke up the next morning feeling renewed.

We know that God is still with us. We are still weighing our options; different jobs, seminary, world travel. We're looking for clarification from Him on what we are supposed to do so please pray for that. Thank you all so much for the prayers already offered.

Grace and peace,

Chris Hogue

1 comment:

Kerrie (aka Zak's mom!) said...

My heart goes out to you my dear, sweet Hogue family! I miss you all tons and I wish that we could talk and encourage each other more. As you wait for God, we too are just waiting for our miracle to happen. Some days it seems hopeless and other days you are filled with hope that can only come from above. I will continue praying for you all as I know that you are praying for us. We will wait together for God to complete a good work in us. We are loving you from afar, please remember that. We are so blessed to call you friends.

Love and Peace,
Ker


He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. Psalm 40:2